Friday, February 5, 2010

and finally....



The next morning Paul and I join the Brits for breakfast. It was beautiful morning and the air was crisp. The coffee was fresh, the juice on our table had just been prepared. We ate and laughed and talked about our evening here at the hacienda. We talked about what life must have been like in the 1700's living here in this hacienda. We strolled the grounds before our massages and marveled at how large and beautiful this place was. It is surrounded by sugar cane fields and the mountains. Paul of course was amazed at the thickness of the walls and how it was built not just has a home but a fortress. It is my life with my engineer husband who marvels not just at how pretty it is, but how the walls were built, how the structure was formed. He gives me an interesting insight to the beauty of the structure.
It is time for our spa services and two uniformed ladies come to get us. They take us to the most amazing building that use to be the grain silo for the hacienda. The ceilings are 30 feet tall and arched brick. It is amazing to think of the work it took to build this place.
They take us to change and off to the sauna we go. It is moist and smells like eyculaptis. It feels so warm and wonderful againest my skin. Paul and I are laughing about how crazy wonderful this place is and after about 20 minutes we have had enough of the sauna. The ladies come and get us and take us to the jaquizii with a waterfall. The disappear long enough to bring us tea and Paul and I chill for awhile. I keep thinking I am on "Life Style of the rich and famous" and that none of my friends are going to believe how wonderful it is here. I think about my daughters and how I want to bring them here. Maybe on their next trip. About then the ladies come and gather the two rag dolls (Paul and I). For the next 80 minutes we are massaged head to toe and back again. I feel like I could nod off, but do not want to miss one minute of this wonderful experience. Once the massages are over they bring us more tea and leave us to scrap our bodies off the tables. We drink our tea, thank our ladies and get dressed. I did not want to leave but Paul thought the ladies might think it odd if I just hung around all day. So we leave and meet up with the Brits again. We pack our overnight bag and bid farewell to this beautiful Hacienda. But knowing we will be back made our depatue easier. I count the days till I get to make "the long road to San Marcos" journey again.

No comments: