Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Spa



So when I left off in the last post I think the angels were singing at the gates of our arrival. Well I guess it was just one of the maids letting us in the front gate of the Hacienda El Carmen, but after the day we had I would like to think it was God's way of rewarding me for my patience.
So all six of us schlep out of the suburban and lumber inside to take a look. The grounds in the front were beautiful and several water features. So far things were really starting to take a great turn for us. We walk through the lobby where they have fresh juice for us (am I dreaming?). We ask if they have some rooms for us and the Brits. Well of course they do!! This is Mexico and they are always happy to go above and beyond for Brits (we at this point are putting on our best Monty Python voices). We get all booked in (at a very good rate) but they also inform us for $75.00 USD we can add on all the liquor we can drink for the next 24 hours. I can tell you that Richard and Paul were very tempted to take their challange but one glance from Miss Lindsay and yours truly and they pass. We also book our spa service for the morning and off to dinner we go.
Dinner could not have been better. Half of us had steaks and the other half shrimp, and all of us were super happy with our meals. Soup, Salad, lots of fresh bread, dessert, fresh juices and the service was top notch. We all eat, have some wonderful coffee and conversation and marvel at the luck we had with this find. The thing I love about meals in Mexico is they take hours. Nothing is rushed, no table turning or watresses giving you dirty looks. The staff is happy to help in any way they can. We spend the evening laughing with the Brits and planning our next day. Off we head to our beautiful bedroom to slip into the robes and slippers they provided. I snuggle with Paul and thank him again for taking me on this wonderful journey with him. Not just the "Long Road to San Marcos' but the last 30 years. It has been one great ride so far.
Tomorrow the spa....

No comments: