Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day




Mother's Day is always hard for us that have lost our Mother's. For those of us that are part of the "Motherless Club", it is a time of reflection of our loss. There is no shopping for that card or gift for that special women, there is no brunch for the women who taught you had to be a women, a mother, a friend to others. There is that empty feeling in your soul, it is the day that you wish with all your heart that you could have "one more" Mother's Day with your Mom. Some of us have been lucky and we had our Mother's for most of our adult life. Other's have lost their Mother's at a young age. But I think no matter how long it has been since the loss, you are never the same. So tomorrow as my own children call to wish me Happy Mothers Day, I will celebrate the joy of being a mother, but I will be also stop and be grateful for all the Mothers Day I got to spend with my wonderful Mother. I will miss her tomorrow as I have done for the last four years.

No comments: