Friday, July 9, 2010

I think I need a couple more suitcases




Our oldest daughter Jill and her family just moved to Italy! I think it is going to be a real experience for all of them. We are super excited that they have a chance to experience the culture of such a beautiful and diverse country.
I spoke to Jill today for the first time in three weeks. I am not sure we have ever gone that long without talking to each other. She had just gotten her new phone and until we set up the Skype account I decided I was going to call her. I may have to sell a vital organ to pay for the call, I'll let you all know on that!
She told me that it would be much easier if the Italians would just speak Spanish. Jill went to school in Spain and her Spanish is very good. She loved going to Mexico and getting to use skills with all the folks that live around us. She said she tries to use the Spanish word for something and she just gets a blank stare. I think once she gets settled and can get a couple of books she will be fine. I think the kids will pick it up in no time.
She is busy moving to the four bedroom flat next week and getting settled in o their new life. Then they are OFF.............. exploring as much as they can as often as they can. Our Sophia is already making friends with the locals by her charm and her use of the word Cio. And once they find out her name is Sophia (which Jill uses often due to her being naughty), they feel like she is one of their people.
So along with the bags I pack for Mexico, I am now packing bags for Italy. We can not wait to go and see more of that beautiful country. We have had so much fun in the north that we want to now see the south. So soon my friends I will be able to say I can not communicate in two countries. I bet your excited about that!!

No comments: