Friday, August 20, 2010

Rain Rain Rain




I love Mexico during the rainy season. There is something very magical about all that rain and lightning across the ocean. I have not been to Mexico since May and to tell you the truth I have begun to fill it in my soul. I need to see the ocean, I need salt water on my skin, I need to lay in clean sheets with Mr. B and hear the ocean. I love my Colorado, but I also need the ocean. So with four more suitcases we will board a plane in a week and head to our home.
But there has been rain, and more rain and more rain. Our local village has been hit hard. Otates has flooded, and flooded hard. Our son Jacob has been there all summer teaching english. He reports to us that when you see pigs swimming down the streets it i bad. Really? I never knew pigs could swim! But all joking aside, the people of Otates have been hit hard this rainy season. So this trip will have suitcases filled with some help. I am not real sure what that means today, but by next week they will be packed to the brim with "stuff".
These people have become our friends and our neighbors. They treat us like family and in turn they have our respect and our love. We will try to help in any way we can with the recovery from the floods. Even if it just means sitting and having some coffee and holding their hand.
I need this place, it makes me whole.

No comments: